Cleaning dryer vent on a regular basis would not only keep you safe for dryer fires but it would also help in saving your money which you might have to spend on repairs and changing different parts of the vent. You will see that a blocked vent consumes a lot of electricity because it has to work twice as hard to dry the clothes in an efficient manner. You would be wasting your precious money and electricity if you do not get the vent cleaned regularly. The clogged pipes can also cause fires due to which you might have to suffer from large scale damages dryer repair los angeles.
Below mentioned are some very effective tips and tricks that would help you to clean your vent economically.
1. Identifying the clogged ducts
Your first step involves identifying the clogged ducts. This would help you in cleaning the dryer vent efficiently. Some ways through which you can recognize this are mentioned below.
• Clothes would take a very long time to dry or they would not be dried properly.
• Your clothes would appear to be hotter than they are supposed to be.
• The exterior part of the dryer appears to be very hot.
• The vent flap for emitting exhaust air would not work properly.
• The clothes have a mushy smell and the room where the dryer is installed tends to appear humid.
2. Cleaning the vent
For cleaning the dryer vent you need special brushes and detergents. You have to buy a special tool kit that would have all the proper equipments for the cleaning the vent. If you are not aware of the cleaning process then it would be best for you to hire a professional cleaner would complete the task in an efficient manner. There are various organizations that provide professionals cleaners would you must carry out a throughout market search in order to select the one that is most appropriate for you.
3. Some important cleaning suggestions that you must follow
You must clean every nook and corner of the vent to make sure that it works properly. Some important things to keep in mind are mentioned below.
• Clean the filter and the dryer before starting a new cleaning cycle.
• The exhaust and dryer duct would be cleaned regularly.
• Cleaning the exterior of the dryer is very essential as lint tents to form on this area only.